Friday, December 7, 2012

THAT ONE THING


Sir I'v everything
Deeds dating back to 
76 years
the 25 year - old house
the field in which
only grass grows
the old sofa on which
my gran father sat
table, fan
colour TV, FM radio
electric heater
wooden almyrah
bed, an old mat
worn - out bicycle tyre
pillows stained
with salaiva drip
a clay pot
a disfigured aluminium pan
cover - torn books
blurred birth certificate
I have everything

I know MP
I know his brother
I know the lanes and footpaths
I know the lineage oh my neighbour
I know the school master
I know the native physician
I know the towns an rivers
the jungles and mountains
of this country

"You're talking
too much!
If you have no IC
stand aside
I have to
interrogate you!!

IC - Identity card

Translated by : Mr. S. Pathmanathan (So Pathmanathan)

(“அந்த ஒன்று” என்ற எனது கவிதையின் ஆங்கில மொழிபெயர்ப்பு)



இதை நீங்கள் வது நபராக வாசிக்கிறீர்கள்

No comments: